Coca-Cola India deploys Market Developers to maintain existing customers and tap new opportunities in the Rural Markets. This project envisages deployment of new technology using Hand-held devices to help Coca-Cola India build "visibility" into its Rural markets. Rural market segment is typically classified as an "Invisible market" as Coca-Cola India does not directly have access to the customer Sales information.
Market Developers are expected to carry out 3 primary tasks as part of this project:
1. Validate and Capture Outlet information (alongwith GPS co-ordinates)
2. Validate and Capture Cooler assets using RFID reader (HiTags are fitted with each cooler)
3. Capture Purchases/Invoices of the outlet under Rural Market Developer supervision. Invoices are given by Distributors to the outlet and the same is captured in the handheld device for improved visibility.
A journey plan is scheduled (every month) for each Market Developer using the Web-frontend. This journey plan is automatically downloaded into the device and planned vs actual tasks completed are tracked to gauge the performance of the Rural Market Developer.
The hand-held devices are enabled with a GPRS and GPS based system so that transactions and master data are synchronised over GPRS directly between device and server without any need for connecting to a 3rd party PC/system.
Callippus Solutions provided the entire turnkey solution comprising of Device Side solution, Server Side Solution and bi-directional integration with Coca-Cola's existing system.
- QT, C++ for device side application
- Java, Spring and Hibernate for server side application
- SQL Server database
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apache HTTP Server for load balancing
- Apache Tomcat Application Server